Member Services & BenefitsAs a service to member institutions, Florida Campus Compact:
- Cultivates supportive academic environments that encourage links between campuses and communities;
- Provides the opportunity for funding to member campuses to promote curriculum development, program development and fellowships for faculty, students and community partners;
- Promotes public policy that supports volunteerism, community service, and service-learning;
- Convenes conferences and workshops to support interaction among presidents, administrators, faculty, program directors, students, and community partners;
- Disseminates timely and vital information in the form of bulletins, internet resources and other publications; and
- Rewards and promotes outstanding work in the field of service-learning and civic engagement.
Benefits for Students
- Experiential Education
Students receive real world and hands-on experience in their fields of study, making content relevant and memorable.
- Workforce Development
Students learn to navigate their chosen professions in interaction with others while gaining marketable skills and contributing to economic growth.
- Increased Retention & Graduation
Studies confirm that student engagement through service improves retention, reduces time to graduation, and aides successful career selection.