The division of Teaching and Learning and the College of Undergraduate Studies at the University of Central Florida (UCF) invite applications for the director of the Office of Experiential Learning (OEL).
The director leads and strengthens a longstanding experiential learning office including large, broad-based co-op, internship, and service-learning programs. OEL works with over 4,000 co-op and internship students enrolled in their courses and supports the over 50 service-learning courses at the university. The director reports to the assistant vice provost of Teaching & Learning and leads a staff of instructional specialists who mentor and instruct students from a wide variety of disciplines. Specific responsibilities include:
• Advance the division’s mission and strategic plan to further enhance high impact learning experiences for UCF students;
• Implement academic program development to grow and strengthen current programing;
• Strengthen partnerships and collaborations on-campus with faculty, staff, and administrators to maximize and enhance experiential learning;
• Grow partnerships and collaborations off-campus with industry and community organizations;
• Supervise and hire professional and administrative staff and create a diverse and inclusive work environment;
• Use technology to streamline and strengthen the student experience;
• Manage budgets and develop grants;
• Develop and implement appropriate assessment metrics for programs;
• Complete other assignments as assigned by the assistant vice provost.
For more information about the position please visit: http://www.jobswithucf.com:80/postings/43833
The application closes on March 17, 2016. Questions about this position should be directed to the chair of the search committee at KRS@ucf.edu.
UCF is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, including minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities. As a Florida public university, UCF makes all application materials and selection procedures available to the public upon request.