Who We Are:
Florida Campus Compact (FL|CC) is part of a national presidential membership organization. FL|CC is comprised of over 50 college and university presidents who are committed to helping students develop the values and skills of active citizenship through participation in public and community service.
Florida Campus Compact advances the civic purposes of colleges and universities by deepening their ability to improve community life while educating students for civic and social responsibility.
Campus Compact envisions colleges and universities as vital agents and architects of a diverse participatory democracy, committed to educating students for responsible citizenship in ways that both deepen their education and improve the quality of community life.
We encourage all of higher education to make civic and community engagement an institutional priority.
- To enrich the quality of curricular and co-curricular academic instruction through high impact practices that offer broader, more engaged, collegiate learning experiences.
- To support communities in Florida through symbiotic campus-community collaboration and research.
- To inspire leadership, philanthropy, conscientious citizenship, critical thinking and civil discourse in the next generation of our diverse participatory democracy.
- To contribute to the development of a better prepared more knowledgeable workforce through engaged scholarship (including college access and success initiatives to support the K-20 to career pipeline).
Consultative and Professional
- Improve the quality and impact of engaged teaching, learning, service, and research.
- Increase the skills and abilities of Community Service/Service-Learning Directors, faculty, students, administrators, and community partners.
(Data, Networking, Mass Communication)
- Provide opportunities and venues for campuses to disseminate model programs, exchange ideas, and recognize best practices.
- Disseminate online and print materials such as curricula, media kits, brochures, and monthly newsletters to internal and external stakeholders.